Working bank holiday weekend….not nice….anyway it’s over now and I can relax knowing that I am only in work tuesday and thursday this week. I came back to a work of art!!
The wine was Piat Pere & Fils (Reserve) Sauvignon Blanc ‘dry and crisp with gooseberry fruit aromas’ reduced at Sainsbury’s from £10 to under a fiver!! I recommend it.
The dish is Heather’s signature summer salad dish of;
Ingredients (serves two)
- 400g small new potatoes
- 100g fine green beans , trimmed
- 3 eggs , as fresh as you can get them – hard boiled
- 2 Baby Gem lettuces , outside leaves trimmed off – grown in tubs in the conservatory
- 200g tomatoes , sliced
- small handful basil leaves
- 325g piece fresh tuna loin – actually we used tinned tuna
- Anchovey fillets
- 100g Asparagus tips